Modular Panel PCs
for Industry 4.0
Modular Box PCs
for Industry 4.0
Industry 4.0 is transforming manufacturing
With the arrival of Industry 4.0, and the resulting shift in market demands, a rapid time-to-market and customer responsiveness have become key concerns for the manufacturing industry. The innovative modular design of Advantech’s latest TPC and UNO series products offers increased flexibility and updatability that allows manufacturers to more promptly respond to market demands and reduce operating costs. This modularization also enables cost-effective equipment upgrades for truly future-proof infrastructure.
- Single product family: System integrators can select the display and box modules according to the formats and performance required for specific applications, selecting products from a single product family.
- Future ready: Modular IPCs can be integrated with existing systems and allow system integrators to make incremental changes and upgrades with the addition of new projects.
- Flexible manufacturing: The commonality of components allows factory operators to produce multiple products using the same equipment, enabling flexible production that meets customer needs.
- Convenient maintenance: Factory operators only need to replace faulty components without sending the entire system for repair, thereby reducing system downtime and interruptions to production.
Why modularize your platform?
- Diverse modular options allow customers to select the ideal configuration according to specific application requirements
- The platform’s scalable functionality can be maximized with the integration of versatile iDoor modules for various field applications
- Wide range of computing units, displays, and expansion kits for easy deployment in diverse installation spaces
50% Time Savings
- Wide variety of customizable modular platforms enables rapid configuration according to usage requirements
- Shortens time-to-market by reducing the time spent on hardware and software integration, re-verification, and re-certification
- All modules can be rapidly customized with customers’ corporate logo for enhanced brand identity
30% Cost Savings
Easy Maintenance and Upgrades
- The total cost of ownership is reduced because customers only pay for the features they require
- Easy maintenance and future expandability prolongs the overall product lifecycle
- The ability to detach and replace defective modules on site minimizes maintenance efforts and costs
Easy Configuration with the UNO and TPC Series
Because the computing units, displays, and expansion kits are separated, Advantech’s modular box platforms (UNO series) and panel platforms (TPC series) can be easily configured via board-to-board connectors or equipped with additional functions by integrating versatile iDoor modules to support various applications.
The display and box modules are connected using rugged pin-to-pin connectors. Once connected, only a few screws need to be tightened to complete assembly. The modular design of the UNO and TPC series makes it incredibly easy for system integrators and manufacturers to select the required components, build custom platforms, and promptly roll out products for rapid installation.