Real-time Onsite Management and Inspections
Rugged Tablet and Application Oriented Peripherals Solution
Rugged Portable HMI in Manufacturing
Advantech's portable HMI products are designed to assist mobile workers with managing onsite factory inspections. Equipped with the latest Intel® chip set and RF technology (WLAN, WWAN and GPS), Advantech's rugged tablets enable seamless reliable data transmissions, ensuring workers have constant access to relevant information. The PWS-870 tablet and application-oriented peripherals are built for rough handling in extreme environments and the tablet has been drop tested at 4 ft., and certificated to military standard MIL-STD-810G.
Expertise for Automotive Industry
Our product range offers a wide selection of reliable industrial PCs to assist throughout your supply chain, from storing raw materials, production line and delivery to timely spare parts supply. In production logistics, Advantech's extremely robust terminals with vehicle docking station on forklifts and route train ensure that parts and components are delivered to the production line on time and in sequence. Also, supplying replacement parts quickly is a key element of after-sales service. Our terminals ensure precise and flexible management of original parts logistics.
Monitoring Solution for Food & Beverage
In terms of food processing, MES has become a necessary tool in providing visible and controllable management. At the manufacturing site, PWS-870 Industrial Mobile Tablet PC enables a touch-sensitive digital method of inputting data via BT at the feeding and mixing station. This tablet computer can also check the identity of data entry clerks to ensure the credibility of data sources by equipping them with a RFID scanner and fingerprint identification technology. Its embedded camera can also immediately take a picture for future audits when an abnormal condition occurs.
Global Successful Cases
In order to strengthen control over production materials and manufacturing process, the new system had to provide full recording and real-time monitoring functions. Therefore, Advantech provided our customer the deployment of superior SW and HW at the manufacturing site such as
- Rugged tablet computers to improve the operational efficiency of field crews
- Multiple data acquisition modules to collect diverse input and output signals
- Stable network equipment to transmit data from the manufacturing site to the control center
A German car manufacturer has launched an extensive project in order to advance the company's spare parts logistics. The project is supposed to improve parts held availability thoughout the network, reduce operating cost and parts inventory levels and increase overall parts business productivity. It standardizes and integrates the process thoughout the entire supply chain, comprising:
- The complete supply process from the car dealers' orders all the way to full payment
- Forecast and planning of future spare parts logistics system
- Warehouse management from incoming goods to outgoing goods, including stock transfer and annual stacktaking
- In this area, Advantech vehicle mount tablet with 10'' display on forklifts, route trains or order pickers ensure precise and flexible management of original parts logistics